On Giving Tuesday, we at HFX are turning to our community to ask for help in amplifying the critical message of the just-published HFX China Handbook, and its Principles. https://halifaxtheforum.org/china-handbook/en/ To support our work and the 7 HFX China Principles, please consider giving $8 dollars.
These Principles are:
- IGNORING CHINA’S ATTEMPTS TO INTERFERE IN DEMOCRATIC SOCIETIES;
- SUBMITTING TO, COLLABORATING WITH, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY CENSORSHIP OR SELF-CENSORSHIP OF IDEAS, WRITINGS, ARTISTIC ENDEAVORS, OR STATEMENTS RELATED TO THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA;
- PARTICIPATING IN ANY BUSINESS OR TECHNOLOGY-RELATED PRACTICES OR EXCHANGES THAT AID AND ABET CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY OPPRESSION OF ITS OWN PEOPLE;
- NEGLECTING TO OPPOSE ATTEMPTS BY THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA TO BRING GLOBAL GOVERNANCE OF THE INTERNET AND TECHNOLOGICAL STANDARDS INTO ALIGNMENT WITH ITS
OWN AUTHORITARIAN VALUES AND AMBITIONS;
- SUPPORTING OR ENGAGING IN ANY KIND OF PUNISHMENT OR SANCTION OF ANYONE FOR ENGAGING IN CRITICISM OF CHINA;
- FAILING TO SUPPORT DEMOCRATICALLY-MINDED PEOPLE AND GOVERNMENTS ACROSS THE WORLD WHO FACE PRESSURE OR INTIMIDATION BY THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA;
- KNOWINGLY BUYING OR TRADING IN CHINESE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES MADE WITH FORCED LABOR, OR THAT ARE THE RESULT OF CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES LIKE COUNTERFEITING OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY THEFT.
If you too are ready to stand up for justice in regard to the encroachments of the Chinese Communist Party, we ask you to donate $8 today. Click here to do so.
HFX is an independent, non-profit, non-partisan organization based in Washington, DC. To learn more about us and our mission, click here.