FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HALIFAX, CANADA — Halifax International Security Forum, North America’s leading foreign affairs and defense conference, released the agenda for its November 16-18 gathering.
The Forum is hosted by The Honourable Harjit Sajjan, Canada’s Minister of National Defence.
A copy of the complete agenda can be found here.
- A full-length public interview with General Joseph F. Dunford, Jr., Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, United States;
- The presentation by Mrs. Cindy McCain of the inaugural John McCain Prize for Leadership in Public Service to the People of the island of Lesbos, Greece, for their heroism in welcoming refugees;
- Delegations from the United States Senate and House of Representatives;
- An exclusive public discussion with Turkish Minister of National Defense Hulusi Akar;
- Panels including the United States Secretary of the Navy, Richard V. Spencer; NATO Deputy Secretary General, Rose Gottemoeller; Chairman of the NATO Military Committee, Air Chief Marshal Sir Stuart Peach; Commander of United States Indo-Pacific Command, Admiral Philip S. Davidson; Commandant of the United States Coast Guard, Admiral Karl Schultz; Ukrainian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Pavlo Klimkin; German Bundestag Committee on Foreign Affairs Chairman, Dr. Norbert Röttgen; Canada’s Chief of the Defence Staff, General Jonathan Vance; Canada’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Ambassador Marc-André Blanchard; the Co-Founder and Director of Syria Civil Defence, commonly known as the White Helmets, Raed al-Saleh; and,
- For the first time, the Forum is proud to welcome its Peace With Women Fellows, a select group of senior female military officers from around the world.
This weekend marks Halifax International Security Forum’s 10th anniversary. Over the past decade, this unique gathering has helped leaders from over 90 democratic countries identify future trends and then work together to deal with the challenges that arise from them.
Halifax International Security Forum is an independent, non-profit, non-partisan organization based in Washington, DC. The Forum is made possible by the generous support of its partners, including the Government of Canada and the Halifax Canada Club.
– 30 –
For more information, please contact:
Robin MacLachlan, Communications Manager, Halifax International Security Forum – (613) 294-6128.
For media inquiries or to register for accreditation to the Forum please contact email@example.com.
Please direct other inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the Halifax International Security Forum on social media, our website and watch plenaries live on our Facebook Page.
On Twitter: Follow us at @HFXforum for regular updates, quotes and pictures from the plenary floor. Be sure to take part in the conversation by using the hashtag #HISF2018.
On Facebook: Like our Facebook page and follow the Forum’s proceedings over Facebook Live – https://www.facebook.com/Halifaxtheforum.
On our website: Live stream the plenaries as they happen on our website – https://www.halifaxtheforum.org.