HFX is an independent non-governmental organization based in Washington, DC, dedicated to strengthening strategic cooperation among democracies. HFX is best known for its annual Halifax International Security Forum, recognized as the world’s preeminent gathering of democratic leaders committed to global security and prosperity.
HFX’s expanding global programs include the Peace With Women Fellowship; the John McCain Prize for Leadership in Public Service; and #StandTogetherOnChina. HFX has also just launched the Ukraine Victory Fund initially to provide Ukraine with its own Dedicated Satellite Constellation to help repel the Russian invasion.
The Executive Assistant will serve the HFX President with high-level administrative support. This role will involve corresponding with relevant points of contact for senior government officials, private sector executives, and diplomats to schedule meetings, track correspondence, and ensure receipt of sensitive deliverables. The Executive Assistant will also be responsible for managing the President’s schedule, travel arrangements, and personal expense folder. Outside of assisting the President, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for general office management, ensuring needed supplies are stocked and deliveries handled appropriately.
- Represent the President in a professional manner; exercise administrative judgment; respond to requests in a timely manner, and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Oversee incoming correspondence and requests for the President’s attention; prioritize items that need immediate attention; and prepare and edit letters, memos, and other correspondence for the President.
- Track all incoming requests made of the President to ensure needed feedback is disseminated in a timely manner.
- Assist the President in the execution of tasks as requested, including but not limited to: writing and copy-editing documents, drafting letters, and corresponding with vendors, partners, and associates.
- Manage the daily calendar of the President including scheduling internal and external meetings, appointments, and special events, including all travel arrangements. Independently resolve scheduling conflicts, prioritize requests, and confirm all meeting details and expectations for the President.
- Research and/or compile briefing materials for meetings to ensure the President is fully prepared for scheduled appointments, presentations, discussions, etc. Assure that materials are accessible and distributed in a timely manner and kept confidential.
- Keep the President on schedule and abreast of changes and high-level concerns, as necessary.
- Manage the President’s engagement with the Board of Directors, including scheduling board meetings and preparing board materials for each meeting.
- Manage the President’s official hospitality including onsite and offsite working lunches, receptions, etc.
- During the President’s travel, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for organizing transportation and lodging upon request.
- Manage timesheets and credit card allocation forms for the President.
- Work with the Finance Director to ensure all documents are reviewed and signed by the President when appropriate.
- Bring in packages and ordered materials to the office and place them in their designated locations.
- Ensure the office is neat and organized, paying particular attention to office aesthetics prior to the arrival of official delegations and meetings.
- Anticipate and act upon needs of the President before they arise.
- Ensure the office is appropriately stocked with food and beverage supplies as well as office necessities.
- Plan and coordinate office parties and functions including purchasing materials and setting up.
- Prepare outgoing mail and express packages from the President to designated recipients.
- Maintain updated contacts in the organizational database – Salesforce.
- Staff the President at the annual Halifax International Security Forum in November.
- Enthusiastic commitment to HFX’s mission;
- Superb organizational skills and exquisite attention to detail;
- At least five years of professional experience working as an Executive Assistant or Personal Assistant. C-Suite experience preferred;
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively present information and think proactively;
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the President and proactively problem solve without seeking guidance;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize;
- Ability to handle information with confidentiality and discretion;
- Ability to think critically and problem-solve;
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of officials and staff across different cultures;
- Proven capacity to operate under pressure;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and Salesforce;
- Previous experience with Apple products is preferred
HFX offers a competitive package including industry-leading full-time benefits.
How to Apply
- Please submit one PDF including a cover letter, resume, and two references (name, title, organization, phone number, and email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Desired start date: May 2, 2022.