Program Associate, Peace With Women Fellowship
The Program Associate, Peace With Women Fellowship, reports directly to the Program Director, and is responsible for supporting the overall coordination, development, and management of the Peace With Women Fellowship.
The Fellowship is a leadership program for female senior active-duty military officers from allied countries. Along with the Director, the Program Associate will accompany the Fellows on their month-long tour of cities across the United States and Canada beginning in late October until its conclusion at the annual Halifax International Security Forum in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Due to the effects of the global pandemic, in 2022 there will be two Fellowship programs in March and in late October.
The Program Associate will assist in all aspects of the Fellowship preparations including program curriculum and content development, recruiting, candidate selection process, fundraising, communications, logistics, evaluation, and more.
This position provides the opportunity to interact with an array of individuals in a professional capacity, including vendors, government and military partners, and non-governmental organizations. This is a growth position with the potential to manage additional programs in future years.
As a member of a small organization, the Program Associate will contribute to other organizational initiatives as needed.
Please note: This position is based at HFX’s Dupont Circle headquarters in Washington DC. HFX offers some remote work flexibility. The person hired for this position must be located in the Washington DC area by August 2021.
- Coordinate administrative support for the recruitment and selection process of Fellows
- Support the management of relations and liaisons with applicants, Fellows, and key stakeholders across different industry sectors
- Support public relations activities including graphic design, website management, social media, and other outward facing initiatives
- Manage data for the program in the database and other platforms
- Follow current events relevant to global security and to women and security in order to contribute to the development of the program curriculum
- Assist with program logistics including air and ground transportation, accommodations, meals, and other aspects to ensure efficiency and participant comfort
- Support the Fellows, alumnae, and other external relations initiatives at the Halifax International Security Forum
- Contribute to the overall evaluation of the program
- Contribute to the development and participation of an alumnae network
- Research opportunities for program fundraising
- Other duties as assigned
- Enthusiastic commitment to HFX’s mission with an interest in foreign affairs and women’s leadership
- Bachelor’s degree is required. International work or study experience is preferred
- 2 years of program or event management experience, preferably in the public or non-profit sector
- Eligibility to work in the United States. HFX does not offer sponsorship
- Availability and ability to travel internationally throughout the year for recruiting and site visits as well as during the Fellowship and Forum
- Willingness to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and its stakeholders with courtesy, responsiveness, and thoughtfulness
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information with discretion
- Effective oral and written communication skills to present information and respond to questions
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to think critically
- A strong working knowledge of a variety of software applications, including Apple software and Microsoft Office
How to Apply
Please submit one PDF including a cover letter, resume, and 3 references by email to email@example.com. Enter “Peace With Women Fellowship” in the subject line. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.