The Halifax International Security Forum Releases the 2014 Agenda
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
19 NOVEMBER 2014
WASHINGTON, DC – The sixth annual Halifax International Security Forum is taking place in Halifax, Canada from November 21st – 23rd, 2014. The largest US congressional delegation to set foot in Canada, led by Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Tim Kaine (D-VA), as well as international security leaders from the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East are convening for three days of substantive discussions.
“As leaders grapple with the significant developments and disappointments of the past year, now is the time for a real conversation about the actions democratic leaders can and should take in confronting terrorists, disrupting non-state actors and challenging aggressive regimes that discard international norms,” said Peter Van Praagh, President of the Halifax International Security Forum.
The following agenda items will be live streamed on our website:
- The Opening News Conference
- The Congressional Delegation News Conference
- The Next Last Great War: The Next Battle for Modernity
- Is Winning Possible? The Laws and Lawlessness of Asymmetric War
- Who Controls the Map? Lost Innocents, Persistent Criminals, Depraved Terrorists
- O Say, Can’t You See? The Indispensable Role of the Exceptional Superpower
- Get Smart: Gaining Intelligence, Missing the Meaning
- Africa Breaking Out
- Wanted: Food, Energy, Water – A FEW Good Resources
- The New Propagandists: The Battle for the Narrative
- The Closing News Conference
The agenda for the 2014 Halifax International Security Forum is available here. The Halifax International Security Forum is an independent non-profit, non-partisan organization based in Washington, DC.
Follow the Halifax International Security Forum on Twitter @HFXforum and join the conversation using #HISF2014
A full list of participants as well as photos and videos from past years, is available at www.halifaxtheforum.org
For more information about the Halifax International Security Forum please contact our communications team at: email@example.com